10 for 10
10 Reasons to give $10/month
$10 may not sound like much…but small, consistent gifts have a huge impact on stability…and that enables Matthew House to make a huge impact on people’s lives. So, over the next while we are going to start posting lists of reasons to give $10/month.
10 Things We Will Do With Your $10/month
- We will be family to those who have lost theirs.
- We will meet the traumatized at the border.
- We will feed the hungry, and give clothing to those who don’t have any.
- We will walk alongside people during the refugee claim process.
- We will arrange counselling for victims of violence.
- We will give people furniture and house-wares and help them move into their first Canadian home.
- We will take sick people to the doctor and people in pain to the dentist.
- We will be a shelter for the homeless.
- We will orient people to Canadian culture.
- We will be honest and transparent with our finances.
10 Biblical Refugees
- Mary and Joseph fled genocide (Matthew 2:13).
- Jesus was a refugee in Egypt.
- Old Testament Joseph was a victim of human trafficking (Genesis 37:28).
- Daniel was taken into exile after his country lost a war (Daniel 1: 1-7).
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were persecuted for their religious beliefs in a foreign country (Daniel 3:12 – 23).
- Ruth was a widow and a refugee who became great- grandmother to King David and part of Jesus’ lineage (Ruth 1:15, 16; Matthew 1:5, 16).
- God told Abram to leave his country(Gen 12:1,4; Hebrews 11: 8 – 10).
- The early Christians they fled persecution, spreading the gospel as they went (Acts 8:1,4).
- Nehemiah was an exile who worried about conditions in his home country (Nehemiah 1:2-4).
- God told Jacob and his family to go to Egypt in order to escape famine (Genesis 43:1, 46:3,4).
10 more things we will do with your $10/month
- We will reunite families.
- We will find English classes.
- We will take people on their first trip to the grocery store.
- We will do our best to honour Jesus.
- We will rejoice with those who rejoice. (We celebrate a lot of birthdays and graduations.)
- We will weep with those who weep.
- We will make the best use of your money that we can.
- We will help newcomers connect with other agencies and services.
- We will encourage networks of peer support.
- We will do what you would do if you were here.